This application allows you to enter the text to translate in the textfield at the top of the mains screen. You can use plain text and convert it to Morse then send the message via messages app, mail or other application.
You can also enter a message received in Morse in this same field and get it's translation in Latin alphabet (if you have received a morse message, simply copy it from your app (message, mail, ...) and paste it into the Morse Message application).
Morse Message have many use :
- want to send a message without a neighbour reading over your shoulder?
- want to annoy your spouse by sending him/her a message to decipher?
- are you nostalgic of your girl/boyscout youth (my case) ?
- are you a spy but too lazy to use a complex system for your secret message ?
- you just love dots and dashes ?
Well this application is for you :)
Feel free to send your comments, suggestions (in plain or Morse) to the address [email protected]
PS : Morse code, allows to transmit text using short (• Ti) and long (- Taah) pulses, by signs (as in this application), light, sound or gesture. It was invented in 1832 for the telegraph. This code is attributed to Samuel Morse. Morse is mainly used by the military as a means of communication as well as in the civil. To go further, we invite you to consult the wikipedia page of the Morse code and his inventor.