Which statistical test should I use?
There are many inferential statistical tests available and it is important that the correct test is used depending on the type of data and the research design. Many statistics text books use a statistical decision tree or flow chart to help identify the right test. Sportsviz WhichStat helps users decide which test to use by providing comprehensive help to answer questions such as:
• Do you know which variables are your independent variables and which are your dependent variables?
• What sort of data are you dealing with? Ratio/interval or ordinal/categorical data?
• Do you need a parametric test or non-parametric test?
• Are you looking for differences between groups or relationships between data?
• Are your groups dependent or independent?
This app helps the user navigate quickly through these questions and will provide the appropriate statistical test for your study. (e.g. an independent groups t-test, a chi-squared test, or a linear regression) Although the app was conceived for sports science it is entirely appropriate for anyone who needs to employ inferential statistics.