• Gentle, natural, or aggressive and colorful compressor
• Combine different dynamic processors into a single and easy to use unit
• 3-Band input tone controls with adjustable crossovers and saturators
• Split/Sum frequency bands before compression
• Two dynamic controls: Downward or Upward
• Range and knee controls to limit compression depth
• Parallel compression and master Brickwall limiter
• Sidechain and multi-outs support
• Precise metering with decibel values
• Advanced Responsive Design, portrait and landscape views
• AuV3 for iOS (iPad/iPhone)
Compressors are probably the most used audio processors and you surely know what it's all about and how it can help to control the dynamic range of your audio signal. So let's get straight to what makes FAC Medusa a new versatile and characterful compressor!
FAC Medusa combines different dynamic processors into a single and easy to use unit, the input signal flows along the following stages:
1) "Pre-amp with tone control and saturation circuit" The input signal is split into three bands of frequencies (Low, Mid and High) according two adjustable crossover points. Setting the level and the saturation amount of each frequency band will definitely make the effect more natural or characterful.
2) "Compression" In addition to the usual controls you may expect, FAC Medusa also provides two types of compression. Downward compression, which is obviously the most common, decreases the level of audio signal above the threshold. And also Upward compression which is less known, despite powerful, and increases the level of audio signal below the threshold. The compression can operate either on the SUM of the frequency bands (L+M+H) or on each frequency band coming from stage 1.
3) "Parallel compression and Brickwall limiter" The master Brickwall limiter is optional and will ensure that the output of stage 2, possibly blended with the original audio signal, remain under control. The limiter comes with threshold and release time controls.
As you have realized FAC Medusa has many faces: gentle, natural, or aggressive and colorful. Choose the one you want and be prepared for an exciting sound design experience. Whether you are a budding music producer or passionate amateur musician in any genre, you will definitely find a happy use for it!
The documentation is available at fredantoncorvest.com/FAC_Medusa.html